We are always looking for smart, driven, creative people to join the Guru Crew. If one of the positions below describes you better than you could describe yourself, we welcome you to shoot us a note at email@example.com, telling us why you are interested (yes, we mean a cover letter), along with your resume and a link to your portfolio.
We will review your information and contact you if it is the right fit for our needs. Please do not call or email multiple times.
Guru is a creative, nimble marketing collective. We are a mindfully-different creative agency, focused on empowering purpose-driven campaigns, experiences, organizations and businesses. We choose to work exclusively with brands and movements leading the way to a better future. This should give you a sense of Guru’s core skill sets and capabilities:
Business Strategy: Business plan, growth strategy, fundraising collateral, fundraising, innovation, and more.
Brand/Audience Insights: Digital research, digital surveying, digital audience analysis, message testing, and more.
Brand Strategy: Naming, taglines, key messaging, visual identity, content strategy, digital architecture, and more.
Web & Mobile App Development: Ideation, UX, design, copywriting, production, launch, and more.
Digital Strategy: Campaign ideation, communications strategy, engagement strategy, partnership strategy, social media strategy, technology strategy, and more.
Digital Marketing Activities: Social media, lead/donation generation, media planning/buying, CRM/Email marketing activities, SEO, SEM, influencer programs, experiential integration, and more!
Guru’s shared work and play space is located within the legendary Record Plant in Sausalito, where artists like Fleetwood Mac, Dave Matthews, Metallica and Carlos Santana made some of the most iconic albums of the past four decades. Many original features remain intact and the building is deeply saturated with the creative vibe of the era.
In the same building – and available for use by Guru employees – is a wellness center by day, offering a variety of daily movement classes, infrared saunas, juice cleanses, massage, acupuncture and many other sustainable products and services, and a social club by night with luxury amenities, and a robust event calendar filled with live music, thought leaders, complimentary wine on tap, and entertainment.
We are looking for a Production Designer to work collaboratively with our Creative Director and Art Directors, as well as freelance teammates, to create engaging designs and presentations for our purpose-driven clients.
If working on a highly creative team to develop digital solutions for brands with a cause and impactful organizations sounds inspiring, then this is the role for you! In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for visual detail. If you are passionate about design and are eager to learn more through various projects, we’d like to meet you.
The Production Designer position is full-time (40 hours per week), Monday – Friday during regular business hours of the local time zone, and is eligible for benefits.
Location: Guru is a bi-coastal agency with hubs in Sausalito, CA and Burlington, VT. We are a 100% distributed team and we welcome your remote (but U.S.-based) location.
The priorities for this role include:
- Create engaging pitch presentations to convey creative ideas to clients.
- Be a productive and collaborative member of our creative team, which includes freelancers, to develop and present digital product and experience solutions for a range of cause-based clients.
- Work with our marketing strategists to assemble creative presentations on time in an organized way.
- Work with our account managers to facilitate scheduling and execution of refinement steps and final deliverables.
- Produce breakout creative executions according to specs.
- Keep current on new techniques and technologies, and constantly seek inspiration around you
- Help create a positive, fun, playful working environment through your unique personality and passions.
- Take direction well from our Creative Director and Lead (Senior) Designer to understand project requirements and concepts.
- Produce final design assets (e.g. banners, emails, social media assets, print, etc.).
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects.
- Use feedback from leaders to improve work.
Guru’s Production Designer must possess the following qualities:
- A passion for doing good in the world.
- 3+ years of design experience; in school or 1-3 years out of school.
- Extensive understanding of graphics programs (e.g., the usual suspects, such as the Adobe
- Creative Suite especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Mac platform, basic understanding of programming and willingness to be resourceful and extend technical knowledge where needed.
- Ability and willingness to bring fresh, new, relevant solutions to the table in collaboration with the Creative Director and Lead (Senior) Designer.
- Strong ability for translating design or creative direction into creative assets.
- Ability to organize and design client facing presentations.
- Ablility to manage time, stay on deadline and communicate effectively.
- Develop clean, professional-level mechanical files for submission to developers and/or clients.
- An impeccable eye for detail.
Is that you? Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio link or relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guru Media Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, [Company Name] complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Guru Media Solutions, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Guru Media Solutions, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.